Sue at Talking Dogs http://www.talking-dogs.com/ has passed on the Versatile Blogger award to us - thank you Sue!
As part of this award I am to share seven things about us that people might not know and then pass the award on to some of the bloggers that I am following - I am going to follow Sue's lead here and choose five bloggers to share with; most are 'new to me' and found through blog hops. Yeah blog hops!
Seven things about us:
1. We don't just admire dogs here - three adopted cats also share our home and we all believe in sharing space...granted some of us are better sharers than others.
2. I like to have lobster tail and steak on New Years Eve - at home, relaxing.
3. My favorite birthday cake has become the chocolate cheesecake my sister makes me.
4. I am the third of four generations of family that keep fish tanks because they're relaxing and enjoyable.
5. My first book will be out at the end of the month and I can't wait to see it.
6. The book is related to my 'other work' assisting college students with language processing disabilities, Aspergers and other disabilities.
7. I was raised to not talk about myself and coming up with seven things about me took time and effort :-)
Five blogs that I enjoy and would like to pass the Versatile Blogger on to:
1. Life on the Funny Farm: http://annesfunnyfarm.blogspot.com/
Recently discovered through a blog hop - I enjoy the humor and stories found here. Life with children, animals, and sometimes info about adoption. Usually a smile to be had here :-)
2. Sheba's Life Story: http://www.shebaslifestory.com
Another blog with humor, found through blog hopping - I like humor! Sheba is an adorable Dogue de Bordeaux + Rottweiler who lives in the UK with her people and kitty. Sheba's an example of a mastiff with a heart of gold.
3. The Elka Almanac: http://theelkaalmanac.blogspot.com
This is one blog I've been enjoying for a while now. Jen is an amazing example of what good dog people should be like - she puts time, effort, and self-education into assisting her Doberman companion Elka in being a model canine citizen. And Elka is her first dog! I wish there were more dog people like Jen.
4. The Poodle (and dog) blog: http://thepoodleanddogblog.typepad.com
So glad a recent blog hop led me to this site. Jan, a writer and retired teacher shares stories, information, and reminders of what makes the human - canine relationship so special.
5. The Adventures of Kendall the Cavalier: http://kendalldog.com
The final of the new-to-me finds found through recent blog hops. Kendall lives a life of travel and adventure that I can only admire - it's very good of her to share pictures of her many adventures with the rest of us who don't get to jet around the world as she does. It might help that Kendall is able to be in two places at one time....
Thank you again Sue for passing this on to us and I hope that those I pass it on to will have time to share some new information about themselves and who they enjoy reading- it's always fun to learn more about the bloggers I enjoy reading!